“She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn’t boring.”
― Zelda Fitzgerald
1. There are over 188 countries in the world. Chances are you have not been to all of them or even close to half of them. As long as there is somewhere new for you to travel, there are always new things to learn, new experiences to be had and absolutely no reason to be bored.
2. If you are reading this, you know all about the internet and it’s endless possibilities. Explore a new city through Google Earth, FaceTime a friend in another country, or attend a live event on Periscope. The internet will always be there to save you from boredom.
3. Did you know that Stanford, Harvard, and Yale all offer FREE classes online? They may not actually get you college credit but they give you a chance to get educated by some of the most talented professors around. Unless you have taken all of these classes (and we both know that you haven’t) then there is no reason that you should be bored.
4. Chances are there is something that you are both skilled at and passionate about. You won’t live forever so why not practice this skill today? It should definitely keep boredom at bay.
5. There are things that you are good at that you haven’t tried yet. There are so many different things to do on this massive and beautiful planet. There is no way you have tried it all. Maybe you are excellent at curling, knitting, surfing, or photography but you just don’t know it yet because you haven’t attempted it. Keep trying new things until you find out what else you are great at (or what else you enjoy). I guarantee you will never run out of new things to try.
6. 129,864,880. According to Google, that is how many books have currently been published. You couldn’t read them all in your lifetime so you will never run out of new material and there is no reason to ever be bored.
7. There are an endless amount of movies, documentaries, and television available to you that are not only entertaining but are educational as well! Why not learn something new today instead of complaining about being bored? The best part is, you can do it while sitting down and staring at a screen.
8. There are about 7.125 billion people on Earth right now and you don’t really know very many of them. Try to meet some new humans and get inspired by others. There are so many wonderful people with amazing stories on our Earth so it is easy to never get bored.
9. The universe is HUGE. You are just a tiny part of it. Explore as much of it as possible in the time you are given.
10. Your mind is endless and the things you can think are amazing. Don’t take it for granted. Use it.